Something went wrong with my parenting method! 😲
I think I did wrong with my parenting way. I am not an outdoorsy person so I don't take JY out much to look at nature when she was young. She will just read books indoor. Or play with her toys.
We stayed in Shanghai for 3 years and all she did was go to kindergarten most of the day and when she came home it is already 4pm and we stayed home after school. Then during weekend we stayed home the whole day too. So basically we stayed at home 99.9% of our time. In the summet it will be too hot to go outdoor and in the winter it is too cold to go out. We rented a condo so we do have a garden so we did go for walks but not often.
Then we went back to Malaysia after that and she started her primary school. This is worst than in Shanghai after she startwd proper school. She had lots of homework and lots of competition. On top of that she have private music lessons. After finishing her homework she needs to practice her piano and violin. So most of her time is also spent indoors. She is bad at sports. She can't run and I still do remember that she had to do her first cross country running. Everyone at school have to participate and she was freaking out. 😅😂🤣😂🤣
After school that day I was waiting for her at the school gate and one of her friend came to me and told me JY got second place for the cross country running. I was shock and I don't believe at what her friend told me. Then her friend said from the back counting back. 🤣😂🤣😂🤣😂
So it was last 2nd to finished the race.
Isn't that funny. Laugh until my tummy hurts because I know she is not the sporty type. They teased her because she was always top in her class in academic.
So I ran off topic here. My parenting method is wrong because I think I did not take her outdoor much and she is afraid of all moving things except for human!
She is afraid of bugs, flying insects, dogs, cats, and the list goes on. Even when an ant crawl on her she will scream 😱 until thw whole house came collapsing. 😂😅
So this is what I meant when I said my parenting method went wrong and I did regret it but I can't change or travel back and change the way I do things. I wish she won't freak out when a butterfly flew near or a bug was near her. She will scream and it really freak her out. I can't undo what I had done and it shaped her the way she is now.
So what parents taught to their child will shape their behavior, habits, character and it is for their whole life. And you can't undo what you taught them as it is ingrained in them.
So I have to live in regrets for not taking her out to connect with nature for my whole life and she will blame me for that. 😅😂😂😂😂
Don't judge me as I am only a normal imperfect human on this earth.
Comments
Post a Comment